Did you know they are super inexpensive and easy to make?
About a month ago I was checking out the daily plum on Pick Your Plum, a daily crafters dream, and they were selling 12 yards of Halloween colored elastic for $3. I thought the colors were great and ordered it not really knowing what I would do with it. It arrived and I realized it was a similar material that my favorite hair ties were made of. SCORE! Enough elastic to make 48 hair ties for $3!!!
Then I was shopping for some fabric at my favorite fabric shop (Jenny’s Fabrics at 8984 Warner Ave. Fountain Valley CA 92708) and saw several more colors for .97 a yard. OMG!!!
Tonight I sat down to make the ties and thought I would share how incredibly easy it is…
1. Gather your supplies. You need a ruler, scissors and colored elastic.
2. Cut the elastic. For hair ties cut to 8 3/4″ and for head bands 22 inches. A yard is enough elastic to make 4 hair ties.
3. With the shiny side facing out, tie the ends in a knot.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
4. Tie back your fabulous hair.
5. Or wear them as bracelets until you’re ready to tie back your fabulous hair!
Wouldn’t it be fun to have some hair ties of your own?!
I’m giving away 9 hair ties, one of each color, made by moi!
To enter, tell me which color is your favorite in the comments below.
I will use Random.org to choose a winner on Friday 11.11.11. at 11:11 pm.
That’s super good luck! I hope you win!